Present additional discounts*
- Low mileage: For vehicles driven less than 8,000 miles per year and assigned to a primary driver aged 25+, the low mileage discount can save as much as 20%. (Not available in AK, CA, NC or NJ)
- Pay in full (or Two-Pay on Annual Auto): Customers receive a discount when they choose the pay in full option on 6-month policies. Customers with annual auto policies get a discount for either the pay in full or two-pay option. Two-pay is a great way to improve retention while allowing insureds a guaranteed price for 12 months with a reasonable payment schedule.
- Ask about student status: Several driver-level discounts are available to students, including the good student discount (available to students aged 16-24 who have a B average or higher) and the distant student discount (available to students residing at an educational institution 100+ miles from the principal garaging address without access to the vehicle).
- Quote a Package: Whether it’s Auto + Home, Auto + Condo or Auto + Renters, a second property policy with Safeco can mean a sizable premium decrease.
- Quote in advance of the effective date: When your original quote date is prior to the effective date of the policy, the insured can receive the advanced quote discount as a reward to shopping early and maintaining continuous coverage.
- Ask about anti-theft: An anti-theft device in the vehicle qualifies for a vehicle-level discount on comprehensive premium.
- Quote higher deductibles: Quoting slightly higher deductibles can provide significant savings over time. For a little more out of pocket expense at the time of potential loss, the insured can enjoy longer term price savings.